HVAC Apprentices will assist Journeymen and HVAC techs on daily tasks such as sheet metal fabrication, heating system installation, furnace change-outs, and other miscellaneous sheet metal work.
Opportunities for Advancement
HVAC apprentices work directly with HVAC Journeymen and Techs, allowing plenty of opportunity for on-the-job training and learning of new skills. We encourage all of our employees to work on their skills and work towards advancement.
Why Work at O&M Industries?
Founded in 1946, O&M Industries has a long-standing history of hard work and dependability. Our employees function with a team-first mentality and we focus on integrity, quality craftsmanship, and safety throughout all our operations. We are a company that enjoys finding solutions to get complicated jobs done as well as tackle challenges head-on. As a family-owned and operated business, we value long-term employees and work-life balance. Come join us and see why we love the work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate manual and power tools such as squares, angle finders, grinders, saws, snips, saws, drill, torches, etc.
- Measure and cut metal
- Basic installation of ducting, equipment, and low-voltage electrical
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written, with crew members, crew lead, and manager
- Set-up and operate equipment needed to complete task (ladders, forklift, man lift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Work in tight spaces and on roofs/ladders
- Basic fabrication/layout/measurement skills
- Highly motivated and able to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to lift more than 75 pounds
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to solve problems and deal with stressful situations
- Maintain a positive attitude and a dedication to attendance
- Ability to work a standard 8hr shift up to a 12-hr shift in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions
- Two years at a technical, or vocational school (or the equivalent)
- Construction background
- Basic math and design skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to and from work site
- Good driving record/safe driving practices
- Ability to travel out of town to work during the week/weekend/nights
- High school diploma or GED
- Wages: Hourly, starting at $/hr.
- Job Type: Full-time