HVAC Service Techs install, repair or maintain heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems that control temperature and air quality in residences and commercial buildings.
Opportunities for Advancement
As HVAC service techs gain experience and skills in troubleshooting and fixing HVAC systems, they will have the opportunity to advance to become a master service tech.
Why Work at O&M Industries?
Founded in 1946, O&M Industries has a long-standing history of hard work and dependability. Our employees function with a team-first mentality and we focus on integrity, quality craftsmanship, and safety throughout all our operations. We are a company that enjoys finding solutions to get complicated jobs done as well as tackle challenges head-on. As a family-owned and operated business, we value long-term employees and work-life balance. Come join us and see why we love the work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Find and fix the source of a problem with customer’s heating & cooling systems
- Set-up and operate equipment needed to complete task (ladders, duct jack, flow hood, multi-meter, etc.)
- Operate manual power tools such as snips, drills, grinders, saws, etc.
- Source replacement parts
- Perform preventive maintenance as needed (change filters, clean furnaces, etc.)
- Measure and cut metal
- Install individual components from HVAC systems, such as furnaces, ductwork, thermostats, pipes, fans, etc.
- Install and troubleshoot heating and cooling systems
- Work a standard 8 hour shift, with the possibility of working up to 12 hours
- Communicate in detail (both verbally and written) with customers, crew, and project managers
- Work in tight spaces and on roofs/ladders
- Precision fabrication/layout/measurement skills
- Installation and troubleshooting skills for heating and cooling systems
- Ability to read wiring, electrical, mechanical diagrams, electrical meters and gauges
- Comprehensive knowledge of installation of individual HVAC components such as furnaces, ductwork, thermostats, pipes, fans, etc.
- Highly motivated and able to work with no supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of safety and situational awareness
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- A full range of motion and flexibility
- Ability to solve problems and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to work a standard 8hr shift, but be able to do up to a 12-hr shift in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
- Ability to lift more than 75 lbs.
- Ability to move in and around confined, cluttered places and uneven areas for long periods of time
- Maintain a positive attitude and a dedication to attendance
- EPA Certificates
- Tools needed to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems or components (furnace, duct heater, wall heater mini-split, & floor furnace, RTU, condensing equipment, etc.)
- Basic math and design skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel out of town to work during the week/weekend/nights
- High school diploma or GED
- Reliable transportation to and from work site
- Wages: Hourly, starting at $/hr.
- Job Type: Full-time