Schedule and coordinate crews, handle larger commercial service clients that utilize commercial-grade heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems as well as multi-zone systems that incorporate pneumatic, electronic, and/or programmable logic controls. Lead lower-level techs in troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of equipment.
Opportunities for Advancement
A qualified Master Service Technician at O&M Industries could advance to the department manager.
Why Work at O&M Industries?
Founded in 1946, O&M Industries has a long-standing history of hard work and dependability. Our employees function with a team-first mentality and we focus on integrity, quality craftsmanship, and safety throughout all our operations. We are a company that enjoys finding solutions to get complicated jobs done as well as tackle challenges head-on. As a family-owned and operated business, we value long-term employees and work-life balance. Come join us and see why we love the work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Find and fix the source of a problem with customer’s heating & cooling systems
- Set-up and operate equipment needed to complete the task (ladders, duct jack, flow hood, multi-meter, etc.)
- Operate manual power tools such as snips, drills, grinders, saws, etc.
- Source or alter replacement parts, as needed
- Customer service and sales skills
- Knowledge of local codes
- Perform preventive maintenance as needed (change filters, clean furnaces, etc.)
- Measure and cut metal
- Install and troubleshoot heating and cooling systems
- Work a standard 8-hour shift, with the possibility of working up to 12 hours
- Communicate in detail (both verbally and written) with customers, crew, and project managers
- Work in tight spaces and on roofs/ladders
- Advise and support other technicians while on the job
- Precision fabrication/layout/measurement skills
- Installation and troubleshooting skills for heating and cooling systems
- Ability to read wiring, electrical, mechanical diagrams, electrical meters, and gauges
- Comprehensive knowledge of installation of individual HVAC components such as furnaces, ductwork, thermostats, pipes, fans, etc.
- Highly motivated and able to work with no supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of safety and situational awareness
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- A full range of motion and flexibility
- Ability to solve problems and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to work up to a 12-hr shift in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions
- Ability to lift more than 75 lbs.
- Ability to move in and around confined, cluttered places and uneven areas for long periods of time
- Maintain a positive attitude and a dedication to attendance
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- Strong and in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Good with hands/mechanically inclined
- Ability to work with computers
- Experience scheduling and managing crews
- Experience air balancing (not required but a plus)
- HVAC Technology Degree (not required but a plus)
- Ability to read, interpret, utilize and train on manuals, schematics, and control circuits related to HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Tools needed to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems or components (furnace, duct heater, wall heater mini-split, & floor furnace, RTU, condensing equipment, etc.)
- Math and design skills
- EPA Certificates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel out of town to work during the week/weekend/nights
- High school diploma or GED
- Wages: Hourly, starting at $/hr.
- Job Type: Full-time