Job Title: HVAC Journeyman
HVAC journeyman will be able to receive directions from the shop and go install and complete jobs in the field on their own. Perform tasks from drawings and blueprints efficiently and safely, occasionally with a crew of 1 or 2. Communicate with a high level of detail with project manager.
Opportunities for Advancement
Work on varying types of projects from residential to commercial with foreman and project managers. Employees have the ability to learn more of the trade and advance to foreman position running projects.
Founded in 1946, O&M Industries has a long-standing history of hard work and dependability. Our employees’ function with a team first mentality and we focus on integrity, quality craftsmanship and safety throughout all our operations. We are a company who enjoys finding solutions to get complicated jobs done as well as tackle challenges head-on. As a family owned and operated business, we value long term employees and work-life balance. Come join us and see why we love the work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read wiring, electrical, mechanical diagrams, electrical meters and gauges with accuracy
- Rig and set equipment with precision
- Communicate in detail verbally and written with customers, crew, and project managers
- Work from blueprints or drawings with little to no direction
- Operate equipment with a level of expertise (man lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, levels, torches, grinders, vacuum pumps, multi-meter, flow hood etc.)
- Work in tight spaces and on roofs/ladders
- Ensure adherence to company safety policies
- Precision fabrication/layout/measurement skills
- Installation and troubleshooting skills for heating and cooling systems
- Knowledge on installation of individual HVAC components such as furnaces, ductwork, thermostats, pipes, fans, etc.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations
- Highly motivated and able to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to maintain a high level of safety and situational awareness
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to solve problems and deal with stressful situations
- Ability to work a standard 8hr shift up to a 12-hr shift in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions
- Ability to move in and around confined, cluttered places and uneven areas for long periods of time
- Ability to maintain and use equipment in a manner that does not damage or compromise safety
- Maintain a positive attitude and a dedication to attendance
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- EPA Certificates
- 4 yrs. experience in the industry
- Moderate math and field design skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel out of town to work during the week/weekend/nights
- High school diploma or GED
- Reliable transportation to and from work site
Wages: Hourly, starting at $/hr.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Careers