Job Title: HVAC Apprentice
HVAC Apprentices will assist Journeymen and HVAC techs on daily tasks such as sheet metal fabrication, heating system installation, furnace change outs and other miscellaneous sheet metal work.
Opportunities for Advancement
Hvac apprentices work directly with HVAC Journeymen and Techs, allowing plenty of opportunity for on the job training and learning of new skills. We encourage all of our employees to work on their skills and work towards advancement.
Founded in 1946, O&M Industries has a long-standing history of hard work and dependability. Our employees’ function with a team first mentality and we focus on integrity, quality craftsmanship and safety throughout all our operations. We are a company who enjoys finding solutions to get complicated jobs done as well as tackle challenges head-on. As a family owned and operated business, we value long term employees and work-life balance. Come join us and see why we love the work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate manual and power tools such as squares, angle finders, grinders, saws, snips, saws, drill, torches, etc.
- Measure and cut metal
- Basic installation of ducting, equipment, and low-voltage electrical
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written, with crew members, crew lead, and manager
- Set-up and operate equipment needed to complete task (ladders, forklift, man lift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Work in tight spaces and on roofs/ladders
- Basic fabrication/layout/measurement skills
- Highly motivated and able to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to lift more than 75 pounds
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to solve problems and deal with stressful situations
- Maintain a positive attitude and a dedication to attendance
- Ability to work a standard 8hr shift up to a 12-hr shift in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions
- Ability to move in and around confined, cluttered places and uneven areas for long periods of time
- Attention to detail and pride in work
- Willingness to follow O&M’s company safety rules
- Ability to maintain and use equipment in a manner that does not damage or compromise safety
- Two years at a technical, or vocational school (or the equivalent)
- Construction background
- Basic math and design skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to and from work site
- Good driving record/safe driving practices
- Ability to travel out of town to work during the week/weekend/nights
- High school diploma or GED
Wages: Hourly, starting at $/hr.
Job Type: Full-time